KiCost is intended to be run as a script for generating part-cost spreadsheets for circuit boards developed with KiCad.
- Free software: MIT license
- Documentation: https://xesscorp.github.io/KiCost.
- Quick start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeccxROpDfY.
- Processes the BOM XML file from your KiCad schematic to create a part-cost spreadsheet by scraping the web sites of several popular distributors for price and inventory data. (You can also enter your own quantity-adjusted pricing data for specialized parts or those not found at the supported distributors.);
- Processes also BOM files from Altium, Proteus, Eagle, Upverter and hand made CSVs;
- The spreadsheet contains quantity-adjusted pricing from each distributor for individual parts and the total board;
- Enter the number of boards to be built in a spreadsheet cell and all the pricing for the total board and individual parts is updated;
- The spreadsheet also shows the current inventory on-hand for each part at each distributor;
- Enter the quantity of each part that you want to purchase from each distributor and lists of part numbers and quantities will appear in formats that you can cut-and-paste directly into the website ordering page of each distributor.